1. What Tutorial are we working on this week?
2. When should the work from this tutorial be posted? What work was to be posted on Sunday, March 15?
3. Discuss with your classmates how you will incorporate the html learned in this chapter into your homepage.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1. 5
ReplyDelete2. Review & Case 1 posted by next monday. Tutorial 5 was to be posted.
3. Not sure exactly but the only thing I can think of is just having a link that goes to my class schedule, which I'll use a table to layout.
1) 5
ReplyDelete2)All homework should be posted by next Monday
3)I had a vision of using what we learned in order to solve a problem I have had for quite some time on centering the bulk of my web page within 2 margins. I think I can do this with either tables or the div block that we learned in this chapter but first I have to finish my homework. This comment was posted by Chris Rizzi.
Working on Chapter 5.
ReplyDeleteThe book work for Chapter 5 was supposed to be posted by Sunday, March 15. The review and case are due on Sunday March 22.
I think I will use a table to list daily and weekly newspapers in Virginia, by locality. That is assuming that I can ever figure out the Suduko puzzle in Case 1 that is giving me a fit.
Also, I know Prof. Sutton showed us how to look at the style sheet for a Web site that we're interested in, and I thought I took notes on that but can't find it. Would anyone be able to tell me how to do that? Thanks.
Laura
We are currently working on Tutorial 5. The tutorial book-work was due on MONDAY, March 16 by 9:00am - so I can't figure out what was due on Sunday. Maybe I am missing something? Won't be the first...
ReplyDeleteI wanted "tabs" for navigation in my student site. I had been working off of another website that I liked the look of, but I couldn't get my tabs to work. The link would only cover a very, very small spot between the graphics. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't cover the graphic. I think it had something to do with the span but I couln't figure it out. Then I found some other very simple code and was able to tweak that a bit to get the look that I (almost) wanted. It only uses css and div containers. I finnished that up, and went back to work on the tutorial and lo' and behold - there is a similar concept!
I think that I am going to use a table to put some blogging in...very simple blogging...not a running blog. If you look at my home page, something similar to what is there would look better I think in an ofset-table-like-blog.
Laura, I left you a message about how to get the css sheets. :)
Got it Cindy. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteTuesday, March 17, 2009
ReplyDelete1) Tutorial 5
2) Rewiew and Case 1 postedby Monday 23rd, bookwork Tutorial5 posted March 16.
3) Thinking about using rounded corner boxes, maybe put up a calendar.
we are working on tutorial 5, everything is dur Mar 23. I originally wrote a very long and precise blog with several comments but it wouldn't let me post it so I'm not going to try again. I hate blogs!
ReplyDelete1. This week we are working on Tutorial 5.
ReplyDelete2. All the work (which includes book work, review and case 1)from this tutorial should be posted before Monday, March 23rd. The work that was supposed to be posted on Sunday, March 15th was the book work.
3. I am really not sure how I am going to incorporate the web tables into my home web page. Perhaps, I could try to put all the links of my work in this format.
The course outline posts two due dates for some items, therefore I have the option of choosing the later.
ReplyDeleteI'll incorporate the tables in a calendar. If I make one.
The Review has some errors:
ReplyDeletestep 5- spelling = daysColumn, step 16- spelling = dayColumns
steps 6 & 8- 12:00 p.m. Like 12:00 a.m., there is no such time. This is a kludge by the digital clock folks. It should be Noon.
1. we are working on tutorial 5 this week
ReplyDelete2. everything must be posted by monday the 23rd
3. Probably put a table in with my class schedule of this semester.
At the suggestion of Artem, I downloaded Professional Notepad. It is pretty good. Tags, attributes, and values are in different collors- helps you to spot misspellings, but I am still able to botch up the could. It's not that smart.
ReplyDeleteIt's ahareware. You can't print the file until you buy the software... $14.
For those of you going into Web design more seriously, I have read that there are many more tools available, but the real experts stick with Notepad, mostly.
1. This week we will be working on tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2. Everything is due Monday the 23rd
3. I'm going to try and design a table for my site that I can then use as a page layout. This will help make my site more original.
1. Tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2. Its due on the 23rd
3. I'm gonna try and make a raid schedule using a table.
1) Ch 5
ReplyDelete2)All homework should be posted by 23rd.
3) Thinking about using tables.
1. Tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2.Tutorial 5 classwork posted by March 16. Review and Case 1 for Tutorial 5 posted by March 23.
3. I will probably use a table to showcase a list of upcoming music events in the local region on my webpage as well as maybe put my favorite links in a table.
1. 5
ReplyDelete2. Review & Case 1 posted by next monday. Tutorial 5 was to be posted.
3. Not sure exactly, but I may put something to do with our (my wife and I) impending due date of our 5th child.
We are working on tutorial 5. The tutorial portion was due on the the 16th, and the case and review are due on the 23rd. I am not sure what I will be incorporating into my site from this chapter.
ReplyDelete1) Tutorial 5: Working with Web Tables
ReplyDelete2) All homework needs to be posted by then.
3) I'm not exactly sure how I will use this chapters HTML on my homepage. I have added a couple of other pages to my site to get a little extra practice; I think on the Firefox Extensions page I have created, I will add a table to the page with information about the extensions I have discussed.
Also, I have added a chatbox to my main page. If anyone has questions about my page or anything, they can be posted there. I would be happy to share info about the cbox itself too, if anyone is interested.
1. What Tutorial are we working on this week? We are studying chapter 5. That is due on Sunday march 23.
ReplyDelete2. That is due on Sunday march 23. And the tutorial lesson is to be submitted by the 15th.
3. Using the imformation I learned from the lesson to help me set up a schedule of my classes on my homepage.
1) tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2) Due March 23rd
3) I was thinking of using the tables to make a thumbnail gallery type effect for adding pictures to my page.
1. Tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2. Due 23rd March
3. I'm not exactly sure how I will use this chapters HTML on my homepage quite yet.
1) Tutorial.06 case1, case2
ReplyDelete2) www.course.com and instructions for the download located on the last page.
3) Tutorial.07 tutorial, rewiew and case1 due on April 6,2009
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete1) Tutorial 5
ReplyDelete2) All h/w by Monday 23rd
3) I'm not sure that I'll use it but I'll think about it