This week you will work on Tutorial 7. You will have to get the data files for Tutorial 7.
1. What work did you post to the server by Monday, March 30?
2. Where do you get the data files for Tutorial 7? Where are the instructions for downloading the files? Did you encounter any troubles or errors while downloading? If so, please share, your classmates may encounter the same issues.
3. When is Tutorial 7 due?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I believe that for the week of March 23, we are working on Tutorial #6 which is due March 30. Then for the week of March 30 we do Tutorial #7 which is due March 37 => M (37-31) = (M+1) 6 => April 6.
ReplyDeleteFor Tutorial #6, Review Steps 6 & 7, the author says "put in the floatCtrl field" I believe that means set: class="floatCtrl"
Sorry, that was Case 1... I'm confused too!
ReplyDelete... and we got the data files for Tutorial #7 off an online source and it was all very confusing and unclear, but I think it worked. I thought the interface and communications were very bad.
1. I just posted the review. I couldn't finish case 1 unfortunately due to being swamped with English essays, but I should have it up soon.
ReplyDelete2. I got them when we were in class, but it was a bit misleading at first to figure out how to get them.
3. Tutorial 7 is due next monday.
1) Tutorial.06 case1, case2
ReplyDelete2) www.course.com and instructions for the download located on the last page.
3) Tutorial.07 tutorial, rewiew and case1 due on April 6,2009
By today, I posted all of my work for Chapter 6: Tutorial, Review, Case 1 and updated my home page to include a link to a form. (It took me FOREVER to figure out how to get the case to work, but as usual, my problem was one simple mistake. Couldn't figure out how to have something in two classes, but finally got it. I seem to get stumped every week on one little thing!)
ReplyDeleteTo get the files for Chapter 7, follow the instructions inside the back cover of the textbook, typing in the ISBN number for our particular book. Be careful to choose the "comprehensive" text, and go to the companion site to get the files. I have an 8-gig flash drive, and everything fit on it just fine.
The Tutorial, Review and Case 1 for Chapter 7 are due a week from today, Monday, April 6.
Laura, don't feel bad, it took Prof S and I 1:30 hours to figure it out- step 17, bullet 3, should contain "float: left" and "float: clear", also I had trouble with enclosing the input form part in the label statement... they need to be separate.
ReplyDeleteAlso I lost the long entry I just typed because it had HTML code and something it thought was Java code in it... I wish the blogger software would not read my entry and just post the dumb thing... another reason to hate blogging...
Also, for those readers who are forever losing place of their test code snippets... make a folder named "closet" then put all your skeletons in there.
This is my third try at making an entry...
ReplyDelete... and each gets shorter...
step 17, bullet 3, use both "float: left" and "float: clear", make your labels separate from the input form.
Hello all! All the work for chapter 6 was to be posted on the 30th. Like others, I had problems with the case work. Between misspellings, punctuation (lack thereof), and general confusion, it took a little bit to get it done. At least I am at a point where I can SEE where a problem starts and can focus my efforts from that point forward. I guess that is something!
ReplyDeleteWe downloaded the files for chapter 7 in class. If you did not do that in class, then godspeed to you. It was very confusing. Clicking on "student download" on the homepage is only going to get you the instructions on how to do a download. You have to search for the book by the ISBN number and then poke around until you find a download page. THEN you donwload all kinds of other stuff too...not just the chapter 7 files. AND chapter 7 doesn't come in a nice neat folder like the other chapters. You get a case here and a caset there, tutorial here and review there...at least that is how mine came to me. Again, good luck to you.
Tutorial 7 stuff is due next Monday. April 6th.
Is anyone besides me having problems with the tutorial not wanting to run the ActiveX? I keep telling the browser to allow it, but it won't go through. It just comes back with the pop-up warning asking (again) if I want to allow the ActiveX file to run.
Cindy
Ok, as I moved forward with the tutorial, it stopped asking me to allow the ActiveX. Now, it won't show the media buttons...I can't figure out what add-in I may need. I have a current Windows media player...(sigh)
ReplyDeleteWell, I see now that you just have to keep moving forward with the tutorial. Everything will fall into place if you keep moving forward and not worry about why it is not working....I'll keep quiet now.
ReplyDeleteCindy
1. Chapter 6
ReplyDelete2. To get the files for Chapter 7 follow the instructions inside the back cover of the textbook, typing in the ISBN number for our particular book in the box where it says too. Be careful to choose the "comprehensive" text, and go to the companion site to get the files
3. Tutorial 7 is due next Monday 6th of April.
1. We posted tutorial 6 on the 30th
ReplyDelete2. You just go to the website like we did for the other tutorial stuff and go through the same steps except click on the tutorial 7 stuff.
3. Tutorial 7 is due Monday the 6th
1. The work that I posted by March 30th was tutorial 6 class work, review, and case 1.
ReplyDelete2. The data for tutorial 7 has to be downloaded from the internet following the steps in the inner side of the back cover of the book.
3. Tutorial 7 class work, review and case 1 are due on Monday, April 6th.
The work that was due last monday was all of the chapter 6 stuff, case1, review and tutorial. I think the clear function is still not clear to me. I got it to work trying every combination of float and clear known to man and eventually found the winning formula.
ReplyDeleteI followed the class downloading chapter 7 thank god because the instructions on the back cover of the book are not for the simpleminded.
Now we are working on chapter 7 and the work is due on Monday. I spent almost all day yesterday downloading new versions of quicktime and messing with media player and discovered that the files look and run differently on all three computers in my house and none have the same size screen as the one shown in the books picture. I think it is time to move on and hope it magically falls together. It seems like ever since we were told the chapters get easier they have gotten much more difficult.
I hope to find the time to do some work on my (Chris Rizzi's)home page soon.
1. we are working on tutorial 6 and its due on monday
ReplyDelete2. the data files can be found online at www.course.com and you can find the instructions to download the the data files in the very back of the textbook.
3. tutorial 7 is due april 6th on monday
1. tutorial 6 due Monday
ReplyDelete2. I used the instructions from the back of the book. You can find them on the book website.
3. Tutorial 7 will be due April 6th Monday
I finished Tutorial 7 but I'll post it in a couple days... Yes, Cindy, I'm having problems with ActiveX (or inActiveX). It sure is tempremental (sigh, also). It has a lot to do with my security, I believe.
ReplyDeleteIf you are worried about be "attacked" by a virus, recall you really don't have to be on line to run your browser, so unplug your Internet cable and disable all the security! Whee! Live dangerously!
1. Tutorial 6 classwork, review, and case were due on March 30th.
ReplyDelete2.The data files for tutorial 7 are on the website for our book. The instructions for downloading them can be found on the inside back cover page of our book. I did not encounter any issues with downloading them since I did it in class when we went over it together.
3. Tutorial 7 is due Monday April 6, 2009 by 12 noon.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAll the work for tutorial 6 were due back on the 30th of March. Unfortunately, I had a few things come up so I've fallen behind so I'm playing catch-up this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was odd that I didn't have the tutorial 7 folder. Now I see that they can be downloaded from the books website.
Tutorial 7 is due this Monday (April 6th).
Cedric McMillon
1.Tutorial 6 was due on the 30th of March.
ReplyDelete2.You get them from the books website.
3.Tutorial 7 is due on April 6th.
1. By march 30 we are supposed to have chapter 6 done.
ReplyDelete2. We got the data files off line and did this during class.
3. Chapter 7 is due on April 6th by 12.
1. Tutorial 6 was due on 3/30
ReplyDelete2. The files are on the authors website.
3. Tutorial 7 will be due on April 6th.
1) Tutorial 6 was due by March 30th.
ReplyDelete2) The files are on the website for the book, the instructions for finding the files are on the inside back cover for the book.
3) All the work for chapter 7 is due on April 6th.
1) Tutorial 6 was due by 3/30/09.
ReplyDelete2) There is an instruction in the book how to get files.
3) All work for ch 7 was due by 04/06/09.