Friday, January 9, 2009

Web I Introduction

Welcome to Web I. Tell us a little about yourself and your experience with web pages.

24 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Jason Hornsby i'm 18. I've only made a web page using a program but i hope to learn alot in your class about making one with notepad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone. My name is Cedric McMillon and I'm 26 years old. I'm orginally from Florida and I've just recently gotten out of the Air Force after nearly 8 years. I seem to remember taking a class years ago in high school that had a little html but besides that I have little experience with web pages besides browsing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Laura Hutchison. I'm an editor at The Free Lance-Star. I'm taking the class to expand my skills, because my industry is leaning more toward the Web and away from traditional newsprint. Our paper already has a Web site, and I can update it using pre-written scripts. I'm hoping to contribute more to the site and become less of a dinosaur as far as my skills are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Tim St John, I am currently in the Virginia Army National Guard, as a supply unit clerk, I am 19 yrs old, and hoping to learn more to enhance web pages, as I have taken web design in High School but have not retain the skills needed to succeed, I think learning HTML will be a great starting place, and want to hit the ground running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Alex Brown, I'm 20 years and am a full time student at Germanna. I'm taking this class as part of my associates degree, but it looks fun and hope to do my best. Stepping stone to learning java script and future programming languages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my name is Cindy Sanchez. I am an IT major...I just don't know which I like better, playing with hardware or with software!! I have used templates to create pages, but have been only moderately happy with the results. I would like to be able to learn to create pages the way that I want them.

    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Cole Davis and I am 21 years old. I haven't taken a web design class and am hoping to learn a lot about it this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my name is Alyse Payne. I'm 18 years old and i'm very excited to take this class. My high school offered this class but unfortunately i was unable to take it because it was at the same time as one of my other classes. I am still unsure what i want to major in but since i love computers i'm hoping that this class well make my decision more clear as my direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Haley Asher. I'm 19 years old and majoring in IT. I have taken a couple of classes in High School that has dealt with the web designing of WebPages and ect with pre editorial software. But haven't done one in notepad, and am hoping to learn a lot about it to further my skills in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone,

    I just wanted to let you know that if you need help this semester that I am in the tutoring center in FAC 1 Room 208 and am able to help anyone who needs help on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

    Happy coding everyone!
    --caleb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Caleb! That is great to know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Phillip Ford. I am 20 years old. I am working on my associates degree here at Germanna to transfer. I took a couple of classes in high school that had a brief overview of basic html coding. Besides those classes I have no experience with creating a website and I hope to learn how to from this class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My name is James McLeod. I am 20 years old and graduated from Germanna last semester with a degree.I have taken some computer classes, but none with web site design which I have always wanted to take.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My names is Steven Dirienzo. I'm 20 years old. I've had only a little experience with web design, and that was back in 7th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Name is Chuck Vroman. I am 30 years old, married with four children, and I am a Disabled Veteran. I am a full time student here at Germanna. I have had extensive experience with computers since the time of the Commodore 64. My father is a Computer Science major, so exposure to computers has been routine for me for a very long time. I am working toward earning a degree in CIS from Mary Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I'm Chris. I'm 21 years old. I am fairly experienced with computers, and have used HTML coding a few times before, but have never been traditionally taught it. I'm excited to hear that we are going to be covering CSS and Javascript this semester. PHP is another language I would like to learn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chris Rizzi said ...
    I'm 51 years old and this is my first time blogging. I am a Massage Therapist and teach massage at Career Training Solutions as well as continuing education for massage therapists. I hope that by taking this class I will be able to create and manage my own web page to promote future classes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My name is Robert Love, and I'm 19. I'm attending Germanna community college and working. I have been using the internet since I was 6 years old and know a little about HTML but have never attempted to build a website other than using geocites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, my name is Pedro. I am from Argentina. I am 32 years old.I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I am married but I don't have kids. I am a tennis instructor. I am attending Germanna Community College and I have never worked with HTML. This is the first time I have participated in a discussion group and I am still learning about Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm Dave, 25, been working with computers for 15 years, programming for 11. Taking this class because it's required for my IT degree here at Germanna.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2nd Blog (when you are on a roll, keep going!)

    I have been programming since 1960. I started in the "absolute decimal" language on a vacuum tube machine. Memory was on a rotating magnetic drum with 2,000 memory locations. It was huge and created enough to heat three homes in the winter. We used punched cards for code and data, and rewired 80-80 boards with jumper wire to do special things.

    Over the course of my career I have worked in 24 different languages, mainly on mainframes involving scientific computing, operating systems or language support functions. email is old stuff (since it first appeared on UNIX), but designing web pages, HTML, and blogging is new stuff. ... so as they say... I'm playing "ketchup"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just had a thumb drive start malfunctioning or maybe it was the USB connection on my computer. But I'm glad I have the files backed up elsewhere. Just thought I would mention this since we are a paperless class.

    ReplyDelete